Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nellie 1st Birthday Party!

This is going to be mostly a picture post - is there any other kind? - with snippets of the party.


IT CAME!!!! FedEx guy delivered it just in time for the party! "Nellie's birthday present" from Oma & Papa, in lieu of a wooden swingset. Needless to say, it was a HUGE hit - pun intended.



Favorite menu item: RASBERRIES! Cake was a close 2nd. She'll make a beeline to anyone with either.



Ready to get in trouble with her buddy, Lyd. Tutu trouble.



I chopped my hair off the other day. I'm donating 10" in honor of all the wonderful mommies that donated milk for Nellie. As I was nursing her down for a nap this afternoon, I realized - as I admired her for her perfect latch - that I have successfully breastfed her! (Even if we have had to supplement the entire time.) It has only taken me 363 days to get to this point. It has been quite the journey!



Begging from the master chef.... (and Great G'Pa).



The berry tower.



She was so neat about her smash cake. Napless Nellie, Nosy Nellie....and now Neat Nellie.



She was instantly in love with her dollies! ...and even into unwrapping her own presents. I've determined that it IS genetic, cars & boys, dolls & girls. Although, B-Bee has already played with all of Nellie's dolls. He decided that the Bath Doll needed a bath this morning. So he undressed her, "bathed" her and redressed her.



....and at the end of the night, we had one TIRED Nellie (with "aunti" Oz).

No comments:

Post a Comment