Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sunny Nellie Dress.... A Bit Too Big


What can I say? B-Bee loves Mommy's creations, especially the fun & fluffy ones! He wouldn't let me try this one on Nellie to take pictures, which is just as well since it's a 3T size. Definitely had fun running around the house with it and wouldn't let me have it back.


While B-Bee was having fun twirling running around in the tutu, I took a minute to try the new hat on Nellie. This was my first attempt at sewing a hat and am rather pleased with the results. Love the yellow & orange fabric, so bright & summery.



The secret to keeping her hands off of the hat and the hat on her head.... FOOD. It worked, until....


...until B-Bee came back and I took the tutu away. As you can see, I sewed the seams too small and everything ended up a size (or two) bigger than intended. I meant to make it a 12 month size. Hopefully it will fit Nellie NEXT summer.


The rest of the sundress outfit. I didn't even have an inkling of realization that I was sewing it all too big until I finally figured out the bloomers - the last piece I sewed. Anyways, I'm pretty proud of the hat. Sundress & bloomers are pretty cute too.

Bought material to make a dress for my cousin's wedding as well, sparkly butterflies. But I never got around to it in time. Maybe it will be a spring project after I'm done with winter craft fairs. Back in tutu mode now, gearing up for my first show, November 5th. Oma "Duckie" bought Nellie a nice black & white dress that she ended up wearing for the wedding. Later she changed into her birthday tutu for the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment