Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fun With Daddy!


For Easter my mom decided to buy the kids a bike trailer. A what? Yeah...and me a bike. Whoa, I haven't ridden a bike since....well, my age has since doubled. But I remember it used to be fun. This will likely be a more effective workout than going to the gym as well, being that I won't be hearing Nellie scream from the childcare room the whole workout. (She's a screamer, very happy baby unless Mommy's not there.) B-Bee, of course is going to LOVE this!

This morning when B-Bee saw my bike in the garage his reaction was "WOW!" as he stood there, all big-eyed at the bike. I told him that after school we would put together a new bike stroller for him and Nellie to ride in and that I would take him for a bike ride after his nap. I don't know if I've ever seen his listening ears work so well than with this promise! We put it together after school and he had to help. As if the directions weren't difficult enough. Try putting together while keeping an 11-month old out of the dog food and a 3 y/o from taking the parts and trying to "fix" it himself. Decided to leave the hitch part to Daddy since he was to get home shortly after nap time.

The promise kept those listening ears working and B-Bee was down for an early nap at 1pm! He slept for a full nap and actually woke up happy, with just enough time to share the last piece of ice cream cake with Mommy before Nellie woke up.

When Daddy got home, it was coloring with markers while Daddy "fixed" the bikes and Mommy got things ready to go. Apparantly we ran out of pages in the coloring book and had to get creative? Actually I'm surprised this hadn't yet happened. If you look closely, you can see that my tableclothe also has a new orange flower colored so beautifully into the pattern. Needless to say, the markers are now on suspension until further notice. (Praying he doesn't start experimenting with the toliet next, though I think that will be Nellie's hobby.)

It was perfect weather to be out riding. We definitely got our workout, the kids enjoyed it and Daddy & B-Bee got to see a train go by the lake. Now to figure out how to get it to hitch onto my bike instead of Daddy's - different kind of axle.

For supper we had texted a few friends to meet us up for gormet pizza and to watch open mic night at a local venue. Our friends Oz&T and their daughter, Glor met us there. This was the first time T had met Nellie! Guess that just shows what busy lives we all live, being that we only live about 2 miles from each other. B-Bee was elated to have a big kid, a teenager! to play and dance with. Nellie was happy to have a space that she could chase after B-Bee, plus she's already showing a strong interest in the musical arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment